Monday, January 14, 2013

Shoo the flu, Chicken Soup for the...

I don't trust the medical community for too many things. It isn't an exact science. I think it is fueled by corporations that are much more interested in making money than making people healthy. Where is the profit in someone who eats well, exercises, and lives free of stress? Unfortunately, we all have issues that require medical attention whether it is due to an accident, predisposition, or neglect to our health.

The flu seems to be making the rounds and the vaccine is in very short supply now. I get the vaccine once in a while and over the weekend I decided that I would get it this year too. It wasn't easy to find, our doctors office was out of them and told us that no more was coming in. I was able to put my name on a list at our local Walgreens and surprisingly they received a shipment and called me in. No one else in the house can get or volunteered for the vaccine. Amy can't get it due to an egg allergy, Joe was sick with a bad cold, and Allie is not a fan of needles. It will be a long time before I know if the shot was worth it, but I am willing to take the chance.

We are much more comfortable with doing things the natural/organic way. So last night I started this wonderful bone broth soup. It has chicken, coconut milk, onions, carrots, broccoli, celery, brown rice, as well as curry, turmeric, garlic, sea salt and more. It is delicious and will give our bodies a great natural boost.

If you want the recipe, let me know and I'd be happy to share it. It all cooks in a crockpot, so clean up is a breeze and left overs freeze well. Even the kids like this soup.

enlarged to show texture

No comments:

Post a Comment