Thursday, January 24, 2013

Winding back down

The end of last week was pretty crazy. Allie had three performances on Friday, one Saturday night and one on Sunday. She was pretty exhausted from all of the rehearsals and performances and needed some down time. The week for Joe has been busy, he had mid-term exams and turned 17 on Wednesday. Exams all went well, he was two points away from getting the highest grade ever on the calculus test he took today and he finished it 40 minutes early. That is awesome! He starts guitar lessons on Friday and I am hoping to work with him and maybe relearn a thing or two. I was about 18 or so when I started playing guitar and taking lessons, so he is right on time I guess. Being able to sing and fumble around a guitar certainly didn't hurt me any. My typical audience nowadays is just Amy and Allie though.

So now the play is done, exams are done, and we can get back into our rhythm again. Amy is back to teaching one night a week and next week we all join her to start our roles as actors in her pre-trial course.

Next Tuesday we will also be receiving our first delivery of Allie's growth hormones. Then we need to go to the doctor's office on Wednesday and get our training on giving her the daily injections. Her first does will be given by Amy while we are with the nurses, then we will do them at home each night from there on out. We are keeping our fingers crossed that Allie does well with the process of the injections each night and that benefits are present after 6 months or so.

If you had read in my previous post about me letter to the editor I am happy to report that it was published last week and since then I was congratulated by my physical therapist that is working on a nasty knot in my left calf and by the librarian today. They both supported my letter regarding same sex marriage and both live here in Cedarburg, so it is nice to know that I share some opinions with people in this very conservative area.

The "Wheel" is coasting along nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment